UAV Rapid Response Task Force for Disasters trains and empowers local drone teams to respond to disasters and emergencies. We offer certification training programs, hands-on instructor-led workshops and simulation exercises for disaster professionals as well as drone and data professionals highlighting the importance of processes, systems, safety, ethics, responsibility, communication, coordination, legal correspondence, and local team building in disasters.
The idea is to be ready to deploy in times of disaster by being prepared in times of calmness.
India Flying Labs has been actively involved in working on their plan of having local-level multi-disciplinary teams who would come forward during times of disasters to provide drone-based support to ground-level disaster teams.
Drone First Responders are trained professionals who can effectively use drones for responding to emergencies and disasters. They can be drone professionals in emergency response, or better still, emergency responders who are keen to be trained in drone technology and integrate drones in their current processes and systems.
Profiles for Drone First Responders: Fire fighters, Search and Rescue Teams, Disaster Management teams, Disaster Responding Volunteers
- Drones help first responders save lives and take critical, in-the moment data-driven decision making. - Drones help in finding missing persons and survivors faster than traditional methods even through smoke. - Drones can create 2D and 3D models of the situation and help make rapid decision making about the situation and plan actions. - Drones provides first responders with decision-quality data and incident management before anyone on the ground is in harm’s way.
1. Introduction to Drones, parts, payloads, telecommunication, portability, laws and regulations
2. Flying Lessons: Simulation, Manual, Autonomous, Live Drills with Role Playing using different drones
3. Working with camera drones, spraying drones, tethered drones, thermal drones, payload drones
4. Rapid Data tools: Live video transmission, 360 degree shots, 2D maps, embedded maps
5. UAV Code of Conduct, Operation Protocols, Risk and Safety, Command and Control.
6. Establishing Drone Lab within Emergency Response Operations or Command Centre – selection, purchase, maintenance, quality control, safety records and reporting, tracking and traceability, capacity building, training and re-training
We host in-person workshop for drone first responders for small groups.
Please share your interest in the link below.
We are interested in partnering with like-minded organizations, institutions, certification bodies and technical experts to contribute to our projects, deliver our programs and lead local task forces. Please send a Partnership Request to firstname.lastname@example.org