If Earth is what matters to you, and you feel responsible to contribute your knowledge, skills and passion to make it better, we invite you to be a part of this course!
Our Earth is the most beautiful planet in the Universe! (At least as far as our telescopes can see!) We live here, we dominate this planet and project our ambitions on our Mother Earth! Human Development is something that we cannot do away with, but the least we can do is, to do it with a bit of care and conscience. Earth Data helps us use the natural resources judiciously in our development plans. It ensures that the impact of our activities is positive – Earth Data keeps us grounded, literally!
In this course, we are going to share stories and case studies of why and how Earth Data is used for sustainable development and for creating a positive social impact. We are expecting a diverse line-up of presenters and students – and we are going to make this a super-learning experience for all of us!
We are hoping, that at the end of this course, we would create a bunch of young thought leaders – who are equipped with the right knowledge, tools and motivation to get out of their chairs and start designing sustainable systems!
If Earth is what matters to you, and you feel responsible to contribute your knowledge, skills and passion to make it better, we invite you to be a part of this course! We hope to create a super-engaging experience from you, where you will hear directly hear from the doers on how they use Earth Data for creating a phenomenal ecosystem! We want you to learn from them and their story about what they do, how they do and most importantly, why they do what they do! We welcome you to be a part of this amazing course and help us create a young workforce of skilled, thoughtful and conscious world leaders!
Duration: 31 Days (+15 Days Buffer)
Dates: To be announced!
Expected Audience: Students and young professionals
Platform: Recorded Live Classes on Zoom + Assignments and Team Forums on Caerobotics Learning Portal
Fees: USD 250
Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Sustainable Agriculture
Week 3: Sustainable Urban Infrastructure Development
Week 4: Renewable Energy and Conservation
(Topics and dates may change or may be fine-tuned as per the availability of presenters.)
- You will be a part of the Course Discussion and Learning Group on Caerobotics Learning Portal. Learning Portal will give you access to the class recordings, presentations, assignments, grades, mentors and the rest of your classmates.
- We will be hearing from Presenters daily on Zoom. The class is expected to be about an hour. It may increase in length if we have more than one presenters or if there are extended discussions.
- There will be a simple daily Assignment provided which has to be submitted via the Learning Portal. Assignments will be graded for thought process, creativity and completeness.
- All Assignments are needed to be completed before the course buffer end date (15 November 2020) to receive Accomplishment Certificate. You are free to approach Course Mentors to help you understand the assignments.
- We recommend having a strong internet connection and access to a laptop. We will be using high-end processing software which will be introduced during the course.
We love Scholarships! We have scholarships available for deserving students and professionals, volunteers, partners and our existing supporters and members.
We need Course Mentors with knowledge and experience in using geospatial data systems and their applications. You are most welcome to be a part of our team!
We also need super-passionate Volunteers who can help us run the show better!
We are seeking partners and sponsors for the course. Find the attached document that details the terms of association.
If you are super passionate to teach and share your personal and professional journey in using Earth Data for sustainability, join us!
09:00 am – 05:00 pm